Friday, June 23, 2006

Sleeman Cream Ale

  

click bottle for larger view

Sleeman Cream Ale
Sleeman Brewing & Malting Co.
Guelph, Ontario, Canada

It has been pointed out by Trüb(I guess second-hand anecdotes will be all we hear of him here!) that I taste coffee and chocolate in every dark brew and high alcohol aftertaste and sour squid and balsamic vingear or some such foreign thing to beer in every thing we drink. I guess this might be true but I could have sworn that with this beer I tasted the grapey-grapey-grape of Grolsch in here and something akin to Michelob without the grimy feel of a lobotomy. My heart said that a Cream Ale (having never tasted one) would taste like a milkshake or as Trüb suggested, a creme soda, but it tastes more like a typical mass-produced beer but minus the playing deck of cards looking label and a heart (as small as it is) that at least tries to sing.


Note: the bottles we have are dark brown.

-Wörtwurst

No comments: