Friday, July 14, 2006

Lakefront Riverwest Stein

  
click bottle for larger view


Lakefront Riverwest Stein
Lakefront Brewing Co.
Milwaukee, WI

This little confection reminds me of an Oktoberfest in that it's not overly dark, has hints of roasted and toasted goodness and a smidge of sweetness to it. Nothing out of the ordinary or extraordinary. Just some ground up nuts and tree sap and fermentables. But seeing as I have nothing "wise" or "witty" to say about it it should be noted that I would recommend you tasting it but not buying stock in the company.

-Wörtwurst

Update 11-10-2006

Had this one again last night after a long bout of boxing books and damn this one tasted brilliant. Not many hints of the previous mention of dark qualities whatsover but a wheaty sweetness that slapped my tongue around in rollicksome goodness. This and the Klisch are top feeders for me.

No comments: