Friday, July 28, 2006

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

  
click bottle for larger view


Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Chico, CA

Fishbine, we meet again. I've said this before with the Bell's Two Hearted Ale and I reiterate it here: I simply don't get the appeal of pale ales with their citrusy rind taste. It's an intentional thing but comes through like a tragic mistake. Why muddle an otherwise smooth and creamy beer with a brunt anvil of flavor? It warms a lot better than the Two Hearted Ale but the sugar-sucked lemon-orange squeeze of bitterness gives me no joy. Stan Heironymus, send in the Trappist Monks, the abbey has been overridden by a bitter toucan named Sam.

-Wörtwurst

5 comments:

susan said...

ah dear knave, your sentiments leave me in a bitter quandry. what but a pale ale from the finest sierra nevada company could quench a true hot summer night?
but i have to say other than this review, you are spot on.
prost!
or hmmmm my personal favorite, would do.
fat angel.

Wörtwurst said...

Fishbine, I tell you!

Kristen said...

What happened to 'chacun son gut?'
If pale ale is your preference then go for it. Your buds aren't my buds.

Wörtwurst said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wörtwurst said...

Chacun Son Gut was traded to the Orix Blue Wave for Warren Cromartie's baseball stat ashes.

According to Plato's Organic Theory of State your "buds" are definitely my "buds"!!!