Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Abita Turbo Dog












click bottle for larger view


Abita Turbo Dog
Abita Brewing Co.
Abita Springs, LA

What gives? Not the slightest taste of dog in this brew. But for comparison sake there's a lot of chocolate lab in here with the stature of a great dane packed into a bulldog's stodgy frame. Medium coffee-toffee-caramel roastiness which is pretty nice in a brown ale and not all that unusual just not to this extent. Some maltese as well but you'll find no spots on this dark breed. Get a muzzle or you'll drink until you die with this drinkable mutt in your possession.

-Wörtwurst

2 comments:

dale said...

Turbo Dog is one of my favorite beers! One of the first eight or ten craft beers that I tried and got me off the mainstream beers.

Cheers!

dale said...

Turbo Dog is one of my favorite beers! One of the first eight or ten craft beers that I tried and got me off the mainstream beers.

Cheers!