Monday, November 27, 2006

Young's Oatmeal Stout












click bottle for larger view


Young's Oatmeal Stout
Young & Co.
London, England

There's a fatberry vibe to this mild malty stodger and a Swisher's Sweet worth of smoke. Chocolate and coffee are at a minimum and that's OK because the toasted barley and fruit carry the day. And with daylight savings time kicking in the darkness is only getting longer and darker and the daylight even sweeter to hump and hold and call your own even with the reprecussions of winter on tap.

-Wörtwurst

2 comments:

socialretard said...

I see you have Anchor Christmas and Bah Humbug on deck. The Anchor is real good if you're a friend of gingerbread. I say put Bah Humbug in the on-deck circle. I'm interested to see how that one is since my bottleshop just got it. I also saw a potential monstrosity called Banana Bread Beer that I might have to try.

Wörtwurst said...

Get that Banana Bread Beer! That sounds interesting. I'll give you a hint: Bah Humbug sure isn't.