Monday, December 13, 2010

Dundee Festival Ale

Dundee Festival Ale
Dundee Brewing Co.
Rochester, NY

It took me a while to figure out just who the hell this J. W. Dundee Brewing Co. was/is but after I remembered when leaving the beer store I thought, "Oh gawd, rotgut." but these makers of the old Honey Brown Ale made a winner with this one. Now don't get me wrong, this ain't gonna shake your Christmas tree by any means or make your fipple flap open and sing to the joyous season but it will allow you to sit down by the fireplace and air out your grievances with time and the end just fine. There is mild spicing (to the point that you can't differentiate what is what despite tasting them rather prominently throughout), caramel and grains o' plenty topped on this thin body ale and though I wouldn't say that it warmed me it did put me on notice that tepid is both my middle name now and my path to follow as I turn into an old crusty bastard.

-Wörtwurst

No comments: